Friday, June 10, 2011

Dear Witch

I wanted to try to make a fantasy story! Lately, I've been really into those kinds of things. It's not just going to be a story, I'm going to try to make an amateur manga! >w<
Besides, I'm bored and it's summer vacation. I have nothing to do anywyas. T^T
So I came up with the title and the general outline of the plot. I just hope the characters' personalities don't get in the way of my plot because sometimes when I make stories, the characters always have different opinions. Like, one time I tried to make a certain guy to be a love rival for the heroine and the hero, but he ended up being the guy that helps clear the misunderstandings and strengthen their bond. Some love rival. xP
Anyways, I digress. This is about Dear Witch! That's the title of my amateur manga. Lame name. I suck at names. I know.
Well, I haven't gotten very far with it. I guess I'll be updating this post a lot when I get new pictures done. I have the two main characters done which makes me happy! =D
I should probably mention this too. It's a two person project! There are two artists! One of my friends is going to help me too. I won't reveal her name because she didn't give me permission though! I'm going to be drawing all the girls. She'll be drawing all they guys. I think it's obvious who's the better artist though. My friend is! xD
Yep and I just scanned everything and posted it. I didn't do anything to the picture with computer programs or anything like that. o3o
 Seviere
Alright, this was drawn by my friend. His name is Seviere. We couldn't come up with a name so we picked the word "Severe" and tweaked it. Hah, just added a random "i." We are such losers with names. xD 
He's the one that we're planning to pair up with our main character. Although I'm kind of arguing that they won't work. Oh yeah, and that dot on his face is NOT a mistake. It's a beauty mark. ;D Well anyways, I need to explain his personality and background. -looks down at my friend's notes-
Personality
The three things he loves the most is himself, money, and women. This guy doesn't care about anyone or anything and is a typical jerk in my opinion. He does have a soft spot for cats, but no one is supposed to know that. ;D This guy is arrogant and full of himself and he's also quite a stickler on fashion. His main weapons are two swords which are similar to the katana and since it's a medieval place where most everything is centered around Europe (although it's not really in Europe but based off of it), people describe him as a man with peculiar swords.
Background
He recently started working in a palace since he needed money badly (we haven't planned that for so we don't know anything about this palace. So we're assuming it's a palace with a king and queen in some kingdom). The general of the palace was very impressed with his skill in battle (although he was mostly impressed with his "peculiar" swords), decided to hire him. Seviere at first declined because it seemed like a "pain in the ass" to him, but the general bought him with money. However, Seviere absolutely refused to wear the soldiers' uniform. The soldiers started to hate on him because he was such a jerk (and he is a jerk!! Sorry my friend that created him, but I really don't like him! D<). In the end, the general sent Seviere to do a mission for the king to get him out of the palace to calm the soldiers down. Seviere had to bring the witch Elise, who lives in a small village in the kingdom, to the palace.

Vivienne
Hahahah! I bet if other people read this, they'd think this was Elise, the witch that Seviere had to bring to the palace! Well, this girl is Vivenne! I like the name Vivien and I wanted to make it longer so I added the "ne" to complete that. I obviously suck at drawing hands. They are such a pain! This was drawn by me and I really love her! Duh, since I'm her creator. I'm a little upset she's getting paired up with the jerk above! D< Let me start with her background so her personality will make more sense.
Background
She lives with her SISTER Elise in the forest near a village (details of the village will be figured out soon, but as of right now, we don't even know the village's name). The people of the village love Elise because she's always curing everyone and helping them. She is typically the village doctor. The thing is, most humans HATE witches, but the village is a special case. The people of the village hated Elise at first, but her good deeds eventually gave her a good name and she became loved. Vivienne, as Elise's little sister, is like the little princess of the village. The village and Elise spoil her, but she didn't become spoiled, fortunately.
Personality
Although she's not spoiled, she's naive. She grew up in a loving surrounding and she doesn't understand that witches are hated. However, she doesn't dress like a typical witch. Most witches wear dark clothes to hide potion stains. Also, witches usually don't have sheep and people rarely late them buy their goods or trade with them, so witches have to make their own clothes. Black clothes are the only clothes they can make with their magic. Vivienne, being the princess of the village, gets a lot of clothes to wear from the villagers and they started dressing her like a doll for the fun of it. So Vivienne has a lot of doll-like clothes which kind of separates her from the witches. She grew up reading fairy tales so she likes to pose like a magical girl claiming to be someone's fairy godmother someday since she knows magic since she's a witch. However, she's a clumsy witch and always messes up her spells.
End of Character Intros

 So, in my opinion, Vivienne and Seviere wouldn't make a good couple because she's naive and he's a money-loving womanizing narcissist. She's pure and innocent and he's a very terrible person! DX DX DX
Anyways, I'll just go with my friend's flow. She says they'll be cute. I don't think so, but she's better with shoujo manga than me. I'm more of an action fan anyways.
Oh, but here's something funny to know about Vivienne and Seviere. Seviere sometimes wears pants that are kind of low and it makes Vivienne very embarrassed. Sometimes she'll point out to him that his pants are "falling down." 8D I love her innocence and bluntness! xD
Oh and Seviere is a jerk because he thinks her reaction is kind of amusing, so he teases her by wearing "falling down" pants often. =.=''

Well, I might update this post when I get the sister drawn since I'm drawing all the girls! 8D
Oh, and I'm not posting the amateur manga on my blog because it's kind of embarrassing and I'm only putting this post for my reference so I can remember their personalities. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment